Achieve greater productivity, higher quality output, and a streamlined workflow with the right training.
The Suite Solutions team has longstanding experience in DITA implementation for a wide range of industries and the know-how to ensure that your documentation exceeds expectations.
Our courses and workshops include:
- DITA Quick Start Workshop for Authors
- DITA Open Toolkit Training: Tutorial Series
- Nuts and Bolts of the DITA Open Toolkit Workshop
- Introduction to Information Architecture
- Understanding and Using FrameMaker with DITA
Training modules can be customized to train your team on the topics you need, when you need them.Download a course list and outline
DITA Quick Start Workshop for Authors
The DITA Quick Start Workshop is designed to get your team up and running as quickly as possible, ready to author, manage and publish your content using DITA.
This workshop is intensive, practical and includes plenty of hands-on exercises. After completing the workshop, your team will:
- Be well-grounded in the foundations of using DITA for documentation and training content
- Have hands-on experience authoring DITA content and assembling topics into deliverables
- Understand the basics of information architecture
- Be able to design your own content model, plan for reuse and compose multi-purpose documents
- Be able to publish content in PDF and HTML-based formats using the DITA Open Toolkit
DITA Open Toolkit Training: Tutorial Series
Take advantage of our Suite Solutions DITA webinar series and succeed in generating your own publications using the DITA Open Toolkit.
This series of inexpensive, 60-minute tutorials is geared for those who are already familiar with DITA and want to move forward with customizing their publishing efforts. The tutorials are given by experienced consultants who have successfully implemented many real DITA projects. They are intensive, technical and useful, with real use case examples.
Participants should already be familiar with DITA and XML. The webinars start at a beginner level and proceed to advanced topics, so you can choose the sessions that best meet your needs.Download a course list and outline
Nuts and Bolts of the DITA Open Toolkit Workshop
The DITA Open Toolkit is one of the most popular means of generating output with DITA. It is free and open-source, but for this very reason it tends to require technical training and know-how. In three days, our DITA Open Toolkit Workshop will teach you:
- What the Open Toolkit includes and how it works
- Configuring the Open Toolkit
- Generating output in PDF and various HTML formats
Introduction to Information Architecture
Designing, building and maintaining coherent information architecture is critical to proper planning, creation, and delivery of content. This is particularly important for a modular or topic-based content model such as DITA. This workshop introduces the role of the information architect and discusses core concepts such as:
- Content models
- When to specialize a DITA element
- Strategies for reuse of content
- Enforcing tagging policy
- Linking topics
- Subject classification
Understanding and Using FrameMaker with DITA
Transitioning to DITA does not mean that you need to give up your FrameMaker content. The DITA-FMx plugin allows you to store your FrameMaker content in XML for easy integration with DITA. In this workshop you will learn everything you need to both convert your content and to plan your DITA transition:
- Installing and setting up the DITA-FMx Plug-in
- Overview of DITA components
- Authoring topics with FrameMaker
- Configuring and publishing via the DITA Open Toolkit
- Methods for conditional publishing
- Adding DITA specializations
This workshop can be fine-tuned to your specific needs and the starting level of the attendees. Additional training focusing on publishing context-sensitive help and further integration is available.